Let’s move on, Melaka CM says about alleged scandal involving state exco
KUALA LUMPUR, April 28 — Melaka Chief Minister Datuk Seri Ab Rauf Yusoh today said a state executive councillor named in allegations that went viral last Tuesday need not lodge a police report, nor would he be instructing him to do so.
Ab Rauf told The Star today that it was the prerogative of state Housing and Local Government, Climate Change and Disaster Management Committee chairman Datuk Rais Yasin to “navigate the issue”.
“Let’s all move on. The state has entered a new political phase and we simply can’t be interrupted by unnecessary and personal issues.
“It’s up to him to lodge a police report or take any other form of action against the allegation,” he was quoted as saying.
Ab Rauf said his main aim was to ensure prosperity in Melaka and he would not let himself be distracted by unfounded allegations.
He added that the alleged scandal reeked of familiarity.
“I was also embroiled in a murky controversy when I was previously the state assembly Speaker.
“The plot to undermine me was cooked up by the same ‘cast’ and contained the same agenda (as the current allegations against the exco member),” he was quoted as saying after an event to welcome participants of the International Celebrity Visit Melaka event at Banda Hilir.
Yesterday, Rais, who is also the deputy chairman of the Melaka Umno liaison body, denied the allegations, saying it was an attempt to discredit him and tarnish his reputation.