Philippine news reports citing officials updated the death toll to 50 people in the July 4 crash of a Philippine Air Force C-130 aircraft near the village of Bangkal. The transport plane had been attempting to land at Jolo airport, the military said.
The Philippine Department of National Defense said at least 84 armed forces personnel were on board, as well as three pilots and five crew members.
However, Rappler said a total of 96 people were on board.
Three civilians were among the dead, and 49 survivors were being treated in hospital, latest reports said. Credit: Bogs Muhajiran via Storyful