RESENDING WITH COMPLETE SCRIPT
VIDEO SHOWS: HIGHLIGHTS OF THE VIRTUAL EUROPEAN TIMBERSPORTS CHAMPIONSHIP
SHOWS: VARIOUS LOCATIONS ACROSS EUROPE (DECEMBER 27, 2020) (STIHL TIMBERSPORTS / SMARAGD MEDIA - ACCESS ALL)
1. MONTAGE OF COMPETITORS DURING THE EVENT (18 SHOTS)
2. MICHAL DUBICKI (LEFT) AND MARTIN KOMAREK IN THE FIRST DISCIPLINE, THE UNDERHAND CHOP, DUBICKI CLOCKING THE FASTEST TIME OF 15.08 SECONDS
3. SLOW MOTION REPLAY OF DUBICKI IN ACTION
4. KOEN MARTENS (LEFT) AND MARTIN KOMAREK IN THE SECOND DISCIPLINE, THE STOCK SAW, WON BY MARTENS IN 9.95 SECONDS TO TAKE THE OVERALL LEAD
5. SLOW MOTION REPLAY OF MARTENS IN ACTION
6. FERRY SVAN OF SWEDEN (RIGHT) AND PIERRE PUYBARET OF FRANCE IN THE THIRD DISCIPLINE, THE STANDING BLOCK CHOP. SVAN FINISHED SECOND IN THE DISCIPLINE WITH 16.27 SECONDS TO GO TOP OF THE OVERALL STANDINGS
7. MICHAL DUBICKI AND FERRY SVAN IN THE FOURTH DISCIPLINE, THE SINGLE BUCK, WITH SVAN UNABLE TO COMPLETE A CLEAN CUT, ALLOWING DUBICKI WITH 12.73 SECONDS TO FINISH THIRD IN THE DISCIPLINE AND GO EQUAL TOP OF THE LEADERBOARD WITH DANNY MAHR OF GERMANY
8. REPLAY OF SVAN HAVING PROBLEM WITH THE SAW
9. MARTIN KOMAREK AND PIERRE PUYBARET IN THE FIFTH DISCIPLINE, THE SPRINGBOARD, KOMAREK WINS THE DISCIPLINE WITH 45.65 SECONDS TO TAKE THE OVERALL LEAD
10. REPLAY OF KOMAREK CELEBRATING
11. MICHAL DUBICKI COMPLETING THE FINAL DISCIPLINE, THE HOT SAW, IN 8.46 SECONDS
12. REPLAY OF DUBICKI IN ACTION
13. MARTIN KOMAREK'S CHAIN BREAKS DURING THE HOT SAW, MEANING HE IS UNABLE TO COMPLETE THE TASK, SCORING HIM ZERO POINTS AND GIVING THE TITLE TO DUBICKI
14. REPLAY OF THE CHAIN BREAKING
15. KOMAREK HOLDING THE BROKEN CHAIN
16. MICHAL DUBICKI RECEIVES THE VIRTUAL EUROPEAN TIMBERSPORTS CHAMPIONSHIPS TROPHY
STORY: Michal Dubicki of Poland was declared the winner of the first virtual European Timbersports Championship on Sunday (December 27) when Czech Martin Komarek's saw broke in the final discipline while leading the competition.
The chain came off Komarek's saw during the Hot Saw discipline, allowing Dubicki to top the leaderboard with 59 points, two ahead of Belgian Koen Martens, with Komarek six points behind in third.
Fourteen competitors from around Europe competed in their home venues individually between November 30 and December 10, although none of them knew the outcome until all the elements were streamed "as-Live" in a special broadcast on Sunday.
The event included six disciplines - Underhand Chop, Stock Saw, Standing Block Chop, Single Buck, Springboard and Hot Saw, with the highest combined score deciding the winner.
Dubicki opened the competition by winning the underhand chop but the lead changed hands several times, until Komarek won the penultimate event, the springboard, to give himself a three-point lead over Dubicki. It was not to be for the Czech, with his chain snapping in the hot saw leaving him unable to score, allowing Dubicki to take the title with the nine points he scored for taking fourth spot in the discipline.
The virtual event replaced the Individual World Championship which was cancelled because of health restrictions.
(Production: Mike Brock)