Advertisement

Josh Peck Attends L.A. Mission's Skid Row Easter Event After Voicing Support for Drake Bell amid Abuse Revelations

Peck was among several big-name stars in attendance for the Easter volunteer event on Friday

<p>Rob Latour/Shutterstock </p> Josh Peck at Los Angeles Mission to Serve Up Easter Meals for the Skids Row Community

Rob Latour/Shutterstock

Josh Peck at Los Angeles Mission to Serve Up Easter Meals for the Skids Row Community

Josh Peck is celebrating Easter by giving back to the Los Angeles community.

On Friday, the Drake and Josh alum, 37, attended the Los Angeles Mission Easter event and joined the nonprofit organization in providing a traditional holiday meal, hygiene kits, candy and other treats for unhoused and housing-insecure people in the Skid Row area of Los Angeles.

Though Josh did not do any interviews, he was photographed in the kitchen, smiling with a red apron on as he handed out to meals to those in need.

Joining him for the event were fellow celebrities Nick Cannon, Denise Richards, Jennie Garth, Corey Feldman, Scheana Shay, Ian Ziering, Loni Love, Kate Linder, Emily Tosta, Julieth Restrepo, Nora Kirkpatrick, Mayra Veronica and Masiela Lusha. The Los Angeles Mission is among the largest providers of services to homeless people in the country.

Josh's appearance comes shortly after he voiced his support for his former Nickelodeon costar Drake Bell, who recently came forward with abuse allegations from his time as a child actor on the network.

<p>Gary Gershoff/Getty</p> Josh Peck

Gary Gershoff/Getty

Josh Peck

Related: Josh Peck Opens Up About Turning to Drugs and Alcohol at 17: 'I Spent 4 Years Being a Total Cliché'

Earlier this month, the How I Met Your Father alum shared a statement on Instagram where he praised Drake's courage in opening up about the sexual abuse he suffered at the hands of a Nickelodeon dialogue coach Brian Peck (to whom Josh has no relation) in the new series Quiet on Set: The Dark Side of Kids TV.

“I finished the Quiet on Set documentary and took a few days to process it,” he wrote. “I reached out to Drake privately, but I want to give my support for the survivors who were brave enough to share their stories of emotional and physical abuse on Nickelodeon sets with the world.”

“Children should be protected,” he continued. “Reliving this publicly is incredibly difficult, but I hope it can bring healing for the victims and their families as well as necessary change to our industry.”

<p>Getty Images</p> (L) Drake Bell and Josh Peck

Getty Images

(L) Drake Bell and Josh Peck

Related: Everything Nickelodeon Stars Have Said About the Alleged 'Toxic Environment' on Set

In 2004, in connection with Drake's case, Brian pleaded no contest to a charge of oral copulation with a minor under 16 as well as a charge of performing a lewd act with a teenager.

Drake's identity as the victim was not made public as he was a minor at the time. Brian spent 16 months in prison and was mandated to register as a sex offender.

Never miss a story — sign up for PEOPLE's free daily newsletter to stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from celebrity news to compelling human interest stories.

“I often look back at that time and wonder how in the world I survived," Drake said on Quiet on Set. "I remember all of the abusive events, but everything outside of that is very blurry to me, which is a bummer because I experienced a lot of great things in my life and my career during this time. But it was so overshadowed and ruined by what I was dealing with on the inside that it made it really hard for me.”

If you or someone you know has been a victim of sexual abuse, text "STRENGTH" to the Crisis Text Line at 741-741 to be connected to a certified crisis counselor.

For more People news, make sure to sign up for our newsletter!

Read the original article on People.