A memorial service for Broadway composer and lyricist Jerry Herman will be held at 3 p.m. on Feb. 3 at Broadway’s Lunt-Fontanne Theatre.
Michael Feinstein is producing the tribute, which will feature performances from a number of notable legit stars, including Kristin Chenoweth, Harvey Fierstein, Sutton Foster, Kelli O’Hara, Bernadette Peters and Betty Buckley. Angela Lansbury is preparing a video tribute to the tunesmith behind such hits as “Hello Dolly!,” “Mame” and “La Cage aux Folles.”
More from Variety
- Broadway Stars Pay Tribute to 'Hello Dolly!' Composer Jerry Herman
- Jerry Herman, Composer of 'Hello Dolly!,' 'Mame' and 'La Cage aux Folles,' Dies at 88
- Listen: What Rita Rudner Learned From Broadway Legends
Herman died Dec. 26 in Miami after being taken to the hospital for chest pains. He was 88.
Others expected to participate in the memorial including actors Klea Blackhurst, Lewis Stadlen, Lorna Luft, Ron Raines, Jason Graae, Marilyn Mayes, Jeremy Jordan and Debbie Gravitte. Herman’s god-daughter, Jane Dorian, and oldest friend, Alice Borden, are also set to speak.
Best of Variety
- Oscars 2020 Predictions: Who Will Get Nominated?
- The Best Music Books of 2019 (a Lot of Them, Anyway)
- The Best TV Performances of the Decade