Ismail Sabri: Kelantan, Pahang, Perlis, Perak, Terengganu to enter Phase Two of NRP from Monday

·1-min read
Senior Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob says Kelantan, Pahang, Perlis, Perak, and Terengganu have met the required thresholds to transition into Phase 2 of the National Recovery Plan. — Picture by Firdaus Latif
Senior Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob says Kelantan, Pahang, Perlis, Perak, and Terengganu have met the required thresholds to transition into Phase 2 of the National Recovery Plan. — Picture by Firdaus Latif

KUALA LUMPUR, July 3 — Kelantan, Pahang, Perlis, Perak, and Terengganu have met the required thresholds to transition into Phase 2 of the National Recovery Plan (NRP), Senior Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob announced today.

“I would like to announce that the states that will transition into Phase Two effective July 5, 2021, are Perlis, Perak, Kelantan, Terengganu and Pahang.

“I would like to wish congratulations to these five states for successfully transitioning into Phase 2,” he said during a virtual press conference held earlier this evening.

Ismail said that beginning Monday, the five states will be allowed to restore more economic and social activities such as hairdressers and barbers as well as individual sports

Essential services will also be allowed to run with up to 80 per cent capacity in these five states.

The announcement follows the federal government decision to allow individual states to transition into the NRP’s four phases negating the need for the entire country to be held under the same NRP exit strategy despite green zones in several states.

In explaining the relaxed regulations, Ismail stressed that inter-district and interstate travel is still barred in Phase Two, barring several exemptions given to long-distance couples, and teachers and students required to attend examinations.

He also said other activities that are prohibited during Phase Two include the night, weekly and tamu markets.

Related Articles S.Korea in talks with mRNA vaccine makers to make up to one billion doses, says govt official Penang starts mass Covid-19 screening at City Stadium, aims to test 40,000 in 40 days Australia’s New South Wales warns next two days ‘critical’ as Covid-19 outbreak grows

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting