An 83-year-old man was found “disoriented after breathing in too much smoke” as officers from the Winnebago County Sheriff’s Department responded to reports of a house fire in Rockford, Illinois, on February 16.
Officers were met with heavy smoke as they attempted to rush the man out of his house, police said, before firefighters came to the scene.
Local reports said the fire was likely caused by the man’s attempt to thaw frozen water pipes.
“The man was transported to a Rockford hospital, but is expected to recover thanks to the quick actions of our deputies,” police said. Credit: Sheriff Winnebago County via Storyful