- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
Manchester United have a cunning plan that’s taken Ronaldo by surprise while Dele Alli looks set for a new low…
Manchester United have come up with a cunning Cristiano Ronaldo plan. It’s become clear to them as it has to the rest of us for a while that Ronaldo is not going to play for a team not competing in the Champions League.
The striker still hasn’t returned to United training as his agent Jorge Mendes knocks on club doors to find him an option for next year. Atletico Madrid appear to be the most likely (only) suitor and The Times claim they have put Antoine Griezmann up for sale to pave the way for the 37-year-old’s arrival at the Wanda Metropolitano.
And Mirror clam United would be willing to allow Ronaldo to leave for Atletico this season, but only on loan, and only if the Portugal international agrees to extend his contract by a year so he can return to Old Trafford next year for a final swansong, hopefully in the Champions League.
It’s an offer that’s said to have ‘taken Mendes and Ronaldo by surprise’ and so far has ‘not been rejected’.
United’s preference is still for Ronaldo to stay this season, but it’s claimed there is now an acknowledgement that ‘it would be difficult and potentially disruptive to ten Hag’s plans to keep an unhappy Ronaldo’.
Everton are ready to sell Dele Alli and absolutely no-one saw that coming.
The 26-year-old joined the Toffees from Tottenham in January and played just 11 games in six months at Goodison Park.
Dele arrived on an initial free transfer, with Everton set to pay Spurs significant money dependent on the number of games the midfielder played.
And The Sun claim Frank Lampard is ready to cut his losses before any of those potential add-ons kick in.
Dele is among several players Everton are trying to move on as the club tries to cut costs while giving Lampard a squad better equipped for the Premier League.
Brighton have strengthened their stance on Marc Cucurella and will not budge in their £50m valuation.
The Seagulls regarded Manchester City’s opening £30m bid for the left-back, made on Thursday, as ‘laughable’, according to The Athletic.
The club have dismissed claims in the media that Cucurella is unhappy or unsettled by their stance, with the 24-year-old said to be ‘his usual smiling and chirpy self in training’ on Friday.
Cucurella is just one year into a five-year contract following his £15m move from Getafe last summer and Brighton are said to believe it’s ‘highly unlikely’ City will meet their £50m demand.
The article Gossip: Ronaldo ‘surprised’ by new Man Utd plan; Everton set to axe Dele Alli appeared first on Football365.com.