- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
Manchester United are preparing for life without Cristiano Ronaldo, while Arsenal are given a ‘boost’ in their chase of a striker they neither need or can afford…
Arsenal (or whichever other Premier League side you fancy really) have been ‘handed a boost’ through Napoli’s interest in Chelsea striker Armando Broja.
That’s because the Albania international is seen as a replacement for £80m striker Victor Osimhen, who’s been linked with a swathe of top European clubs, including Arsenal, Manchester United and Liverpool at one time or another.
HITC plump for Arsenal in the boost stakes, probably as they’ve most heavily been linked with the 23-year-old, but only go so far as to suggest Broja moving to the Serie A side ‘could interest Arsenal and their chase of Osimhen’. If indeed they are chasing him, which they almost certainly aren’t as they’ve already landed Gabriel Jesus this summer and don’t have a spare £80m to throw around.
Broja is perhaps the more interesting case, with Napoli likely to have to beat off pretty stiff competition from West Ham, who are desperate to land a striker this summer, to score goals from November to May when Michail Antonio inevitably fluffs his lines.
Are Manchester United preparing for life without Ronaldo? They should probably be thinking about it, and are according to the Sunday Mirror, who claim they’ve entered a four-way race to sign Brentford striker Ivan Toney.
Toney was hugely impressive in his first top flight season for the Bees last season, scoring 12 goals in 33 games after his 31 goals in the Championship secured promotion the season before.
Newcastle, West Ham and Leeds – all of whom need a striker – are also said to be keeping tabs on the 26-year-old, and a move to United does indeed depend on the future of Ronaldo, who continues to have trouble persuading anyone to sign him. Which is definitely not funny.
CHELSEA BACK IN FOR KOUNDE
Chelsea have got one centre-back but need at least another. Manchester City have told them to give up hope of landing Nathan Ake, whom Pep Guardiola sees as an important squad player, Matthijs de Ligt has his heart set on Bayern Munich, so Chelsea are going back to the drawing board; to the first name on said board.
Jules Kounde was the priority last summer, when he reportedly agreed personal terms with the Blues, but he’s slipped down the transfer pecking order in the current window, until now. New owner Todd Boehly ‘relegated Kounde from priority signing’, according to the Evening Standard, but it appears their lack of success in luring their top targets has forced a backtrack. Actually Jules, we do want you.
A report this week claimed Tottenham were in the mix for the French international, but there’s apparently no truth to that, leaving Chelsea and Barcelona to fight for the defender. Chelsea can offer Sevilla this thing called money which appears to be important in transfer battles with all clubs but Barcelona, for whom a smile and handful of magic beans is sufficient.
Should Thomas Tuchel’s side miss out on Kounde, or should they want three centre-backs rather than two, Presnel Kimpembe is another option. And Ojogo claim he’s ‘very close’ to a move to Stamford Bridge, with current club PSG already said to be on the lookout for a replacement.
The article Gossip: Man Utd target Brentford star as Ronaldo replacement; Arsenal ‘boost’ in £80m chase appeared first on Football365.com.