VIDEO SHOWS: HIGHLIGHTS FROM DAY FINAL DAY OF ENGADINWIND - A WINDSURFING COMPETITION - WITH FRENCH WINDSURFER HELENE NOESMOEN WINNING THE WOMEN'S CATEGORY AND NICOLAS GOYARD, ALSO OF FRANCE, WINNING THE MEN'S CATEGORY
RESENDING WITH COMPLETE SCRIPT
SHOWS: ST MORITZ, SWITZERLAND (AUGUST 21, 2020) (QUATTRO MEDIA - ACCESS ALL)
1. WINDSURFERS COMPETING IN THE FORMULA FOIL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS AT START OF A RACE
2. AERIAL OF WINDSURFERS COMPETING IN THE FORMULA FOIL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS
3. WINDSURFER SEEN AT LAKE LEVEL
4. ON-BOARD CAMERA WITH WINDSURFER MAKING TURN
5. TIME-LAPSE DRONE VIDEO OF LAKE SILVAPLANA
6. TIME-LAPSE DRONE VIDEO OF MOUNTAINS SURROUNDING LAKE
7. VARIOUS OF ATHLETES PREPARING FOR COMPETITION
8. AERIAL OF RACE START
9. AERIAL OF WINDSURFERS MAKING TURN AROUND A BUOY
10. VARIOUS OF RACE
11. WINDSURFER GOING BETWEEN TWO BUOYS
12. GROUP OF WINDSURFERS SEEN AT LAKE LEVEL
13. EVENTUAL WINNER OF THE MEN'S COMPETITION, NICOLAS GOYARD (FRA 465), DURING RACE
14. GOYARD MAKING A SWITCH TO CHANGE DIRECTION
15. SECOND-PLACE FINISHER IN THE MEN'S COMPETITION, PRZEMYSLAW MIARCZYNSKI (POL 126) GOING THROUGH BUOYS
16. VARIOUS MORE OF RACE
17. VARIOUS OF MIARCZYNSKI
18. START OF WOMEN'S RACE
19. VARIOUS AERIALS OF RACE
20. VARIOUS OF EVENTUAL WINNER, HELENE NOESMOEN (FRA 57), DURING RACE
21. AERIAL OF SECOND-PLACE FINISHER IN THE WOMEN'S COMPETITION, MAJA DZIARNOWSKA (POL 7), RACING
22. VARIOUS MORE OF DZIARNOWSKA
23. VARIOUS OF THIRD-PLACE FINISHER IN THE WOMEN'S COMPETITION, LILIAN DE GEUS (NED 3), RACING
24. WOMEN'S PODIUM
25. (SOUNDBITE) (English) WINNER OF THE WOMEN'S FORMULA FOIL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP RACES, HELENE NOESMOEN (FRA 57), SAYING:
"I've been winning since the championship here. I'm really happy with the wins. It's not my first world title, but my first in foil. And I'm fully sailing foil now, so I hope to more titles in the coming years."
26. MEN'S PODIUM
27. (SOUNDBITE) (English) WINNER OF THE MEN'S FORMULA FOIL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP RACES, NICOLAS GOYARD (FRA 465), SAYING:
"Actually, the level here was really, really high. There were many people from all over the world who were really good from what we say last year. It's super nice to see how I've been improving from last year. Last year I was only world champion, but this year I'm (inaudible) the class. So, I'm really happy about that, to be able to get some better and equipment and to also be better myself."
STORY: Two French windsurfers were crowned Formula Foil World Champions at the Engadinwind after coming out on top after a week-long competition on Lake Silvaplana in Switzerland on Friday (August 21).
More than 200 athletes from 33 countries competed in the foil championships which organizers said was the year's largest foil competition.
There were 11 races in the women's competition with each athlete allowed to discard three, with eight counting.
Frances Helene Noesmoen dominated with 8 wins, plenty to take first place ahead of Maja Dziarnowska of Poland and the Netherlands' Lilian De Geus who rounded out the top three.
French compatriot Nicolas Goyard ran away with the men's competition after 10 races with athletes each discarding two.
Poland's Przemyslaw Miarczynski edged out France's Pierre Mortefon to take silver.
1. Helene Noesmoen - France
2. Maja Dziarnowska - Poland
3. Lilian De Geus - Netherlands
1. Nicolas Goyard - France
2. Przemyslaw Miarczynski - Poland
3. Pierre Mortefon - France
(Production: Kurt Michael Hall)