Former NBA All-Star Cedric Ceballos says he's home after being hospitalized with COVID-19

·2-min read
Cedric Ceballos at ESPY awards.
Cedric Ceballos is out of the hospital after dealing with COVID-19. (Photo by Frazer Harrison/Getty Images)

Former Phoenix Suns forward and Los Angeles Lakers All-Star Cedric Ceballos is finally home after a lengthy bout with COVID-19. Ceballos, who was hospitalized with the virus in August, posted Tuesday that he was released from the hospital.

Ceballos, 52, described his hospitalization as "20 straight days on death row." He thanked the doctors and nurses who took care of him in his "darkest days."

Ceballos played 11 seasons in the NBA, six coming with the Suns. He also spent three years with the Lakers, three years with the Dallas Mavericks and half a season with both the Detroit Pistons and Miami Heat.

Cedric Ceballos posted concerning photo from ICU

Ceballos revealed his COVID-19 diagnosis Sept. 7. He posted a photo from the hospital's ICU. In the image, Ceballos was wearing an oxygen mask. He apologized to anyone he wronged in the past. At that point, Ceballos had been in the ICU for 10 days.

A week later, Ceballos posted he was still hospitalized, but no longer in the ICU. He was able to walk on his own, but said the physical exertion was difficult. 

At the time, Ceballos added the road to recovery would be "tough and long but I am up for it."

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting