Deputies in Tampa Bay, Florida, saved two stranded boaters who were drifting in the water with just one life jacket between them on Monday evening, April 25, officials said.
Members of the Hillsborough County Marine Unit responded to a pair of boaters in distress who were 200 yards from their disabled vessel. The sheriff’s office posted bodycam footage of the dramatic rescue to Facebook, praising the deputies’ actions.
Sheriff Chad Chronister reminded boaters to “ensure their vessels are in good condition, and to please, always wear a life jacket. These simple steps could be the difference between a beautiful day out on the water or a tragedy.” Credit: Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office via Storyful
- Help this lady up again. There you go.
- All right.
- Appreciate you.
- It's going to be hard to get up here. This boat's not an easy boat to--
- We got you. There you go. Oh.
- Can I go around the back or--
- Come on-- come over here. We'll-- if you want to sit on that cooler, dear.
- And 1, 2, 3.
- Bad ass boat.
- Thank you.
- Will you answer them, please?
- All right, I'm out of the boat. Start again.