Five appear in SA court over missing German tourist
STORY: Five suspects appeared at a magistrate court in Cape Town on Monday (March 6) over the disappearance of German tourist Nick Frischke last month.
The 22-year-old was allegedly robbed while hiking and some items stolen from him were found in the possession of the suspects.
Among the items was a credit card, according to police.
The case, in which the suspects a face charges of robbery with aggravating circumstances, has been postponed until May 4.
Here's Eric Ntabazilila, spokesperson for the National Prosecuting Authority, outside court.
"The court was told that there's more investigation that still needs to be done which includes taking the witness statements, the DNA and analyzing cellphone material."
Last week, residents held a candlelight vigil near a beach as they prayed for Frischke's safe return.
Police have said a search operation continues and that it is premature at this stage to speculate on what may have occurred.