This is the scary moment a faulty fan flew off the wall with the blade narrowly missing a toddler. The helpful youngster had just joined his family for dinner when he went over to turn on the mechanical blower at their home in Bangkok, Thailand, on October 29. He pulled the leaver to activate the device but moments after he walked away, the blade came loose and smashed through the metal casing. CCTV from inside the property captured the near-miss with debris from the fan scattered across the tile floor. The little boy was unhurt but the family, who did not want to be identified, said they have replaced the fan.