RESENDING WITH COMPLETE SCRIPT
VIDEO SHOWS: PARIS ST GERMAIN PLAYERS AND COACH, THOMAS TUCHEL SEEN WALKING IN THEIR LISBON HOTEL, PARIS ST GERMAIN TEAM BUS OUTSIDE THE HOTEL, SOUNDBITES WITH PARIS ST GERMAIN SUPPORTER, EXTERIORS OF ESTADIO DA LUZ, EXTERIORS OF BAYERN MUNICH'S HOTEL IN SINTRA
SHOWS: LISBON, PORTUGAL (AUGUST 23, 2020) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL)
1. VARIOUS OF PARIS ST GERMAIN PLAYERS WALKING ALONG GLASS TUNNEL BRIDGING THE COMPLEX AT THE MYRIAD HOTEL
2. PARIS ST GERMAIN COACH, THOMAS TUCHEL, WHO'S ON CRUTCHES HAVING BROKEN HIS FOOT DURING A TRAINING SESSION A FEW WEEKS AGO
3. EXTERIOR MYRIAD HOTEL WHERE THE PARIS SAINT GERMAIN TEAM ARE STAYING IN LISBON
4. PARIS ST GERMAIN TEAM BUS
5. EXTERIOR WITH BUSES OUTSIDE
6. POLICE OUTSIDE THE HOTEL
7. PARIS ST GERMAIN SUPPORTER WITH SCARVES OUTSIDE ESTADIO DA LUZ TAKING SELFIES
8. (SOUNDBITE) (French) PARIS ST GERMAIN SUPPORTER, KEVIN CHATELET SAYING:
"Yes, I am just here for the Champions League. From the moment I heard the Champions League was in Lisbon I booked the hotel. At the start I just reserved for the quarter-finals, then I extended to the semis and then again the final, and tomorrow we go home with the cup."
9. EXTERIOR OF ESTADIO DA LUZ - BENFICA'S STADIUM WHICH IS THE VENUE FOR THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL
10. (SOUNDBITE) (French) PARIS ST GERMAIN FAN, KEVIN CHATELET SAYING:
"It's a shame, but the most important thing is to be as close to possible to the players and show that we support them."
MAN WALKING PAST, SAYING (French): "Allez Paris (Go Paris)."
"Allez Paris. Allez Paris (Go Paris)."
11. EXTERIOR OF ESTADIO DA LUZ WITH PARIS ST GERMAIN AND BAYERN SUPPORTERS OUTSIDE
12. BAYERN SUPPORTERS LOOKING AT THE STADIUM
13. VARIOUS EXTERIORS OF STADIUM
SINTRA, PORTUGAL (AUGUST 23, 2020) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL)
14. EXTERIOR OF THE QUINTA DA PENA LONGA RESORT WHERE BAYERN MUNICH ARE STAYING
15. VARIOUS OF RESORT IN SINTRA WHERE BAYERN MUNICH ARE STAYING
STORY: With temperatures soaring in Lisbon on Sunday (August 23) the question was whether the players and fans could handle the heat just hours before Bayern Munich play Paris St Germain in the Champions League final.
The PSG players could be seen walking inside the complex of the Myriad hotel near the river as temperatures outside rose above 30 degrees Celsius.
With the final in Benfica's Estadio da Luz taking place without spectators for the first time in the competition's history, there aren't many fans around, but those who have made the trip were eager to be there.
Paris St Germain fan Kevin Chatelet said he had booked immediately, extending his stay the longer PSG remained in the tournament and he now believes the Parisian club will win the Champions League.
Lisbon has hosted UEFA's final eight mini tournament featuring the quarter-finals, semi-finals and final. UEFA has adopted a single-game knockout format for this tournament rather than the usual two-legged games.
The format was changed in order to allow the competition to be completed in a shorter time-span after the COVID-19 pandemic halted play for several months across Europe in March.
Bayern are aiming for their sixth European title and first since 2013 while for Paris St Germain this is the first final in the club's history.
The match kicks off at 1900GMT (2000 local).
(Production: Miguel Pereira, Claire Watson)