A man in Cheshire, England, was moved to tears when he received surprise tickets to visit his sister in Australia after being apart for 46 years.
Chris Worrall recorded the emotional moment his stepfather Dave realized that he was going to Australia to visit his sister. In the video, Dave can be seen unwrapping a drawing of the United Kingdom and Australia side by side, a t-shirt with Australia written on it, and a slouch hat, before being handed an envelope containing two plane tickets.
Worrall told Storyful that Dave’s sister, who is more than 10 years older than him, moved to Australia in 1973 and that the two had not seen each other since a visit in 1977, when Dave was 10 years old.
Worrall published the footage to his TikTok account on Christmas Day with the caption, “This is the moment he found out that he’d be going to visit her. My mum has been in total stress for months trying to keep this from him.” Credit: Chris Worrall via Storyful
- Well, yeah, because your presents kept arriving, babe. So, you know--
- I got them.
- Yeah, there's an order.
- Every year, Martha May Whovier has the best lights. Well, not this year. This year, I'm going to beat that--
- Another picture.
- Another picture? Yeah.
- Cute, innit?
- --trying to keep up with you, Martha May.
- Isn't this antique darling?
- [INAUDIBLE] [LAUGHS]
- It's handcrafted and almost 100 years old.
- Where'd you get that from?
- Amazon, the place that you can get anything.
- 'Tis, innit?
- It's nice.
- Now let me see which one's the-- that one.
- I wear the [INAUDIBLE].
- Well, that is a [INAUDIBLE].
- Well, goodnight, Betty Lou.
- I was going to say [INAUDIBLE].
- [CHUCKLES] Cool cap. Right.
- OK. So what's going on?
- You got to put that on.
- You got to put it on. Yeah.
- Well, then you better go catch it!
- And that's [INAUDIBLE].
- Who's writing that? [INAUDIBLE]
- Yeah. [INAUDIBLE] [CHUCKLES]
- Fleas before beauty. Thank you.
- Oh, it's stuck.
- Yeah. You haven't got much time. [LAUGHS]
- Are you looking at it the right way around?
- Yeah. That one then that one. [LAUGHS] We're going. [LAUGHS] [SMACKS KISS]
- So you best get your wardrobe sorted. [LAUGHS]
- Where are you going, Dave?
- Well, I wouldn't know, Chris.
- Off to Aus.
- Amazing what these Whos just throw away.
- Oh well. One man's toxic sludge is another man's potpourri. I don't know. It's some kind of soup.
- Of course she knows.
- I take it my work know as well.