If there’s one thing Kourtney Kardashian and Travis Barker’s relationship has shown us—besides loads of PDA—it’s that punk’s really not dead and that emo style is back in business.
In the early 2000s, Avril Lavigne and emo bands like Sum 41, Paramore, and My Chemical Romance basically defined what emo style was all about. Although some of them were questionable—like Avril’s love for pairing neck ties with wife beater tank tops—not everything was terrible.
At the recent When We Were Young Festival, where some of the best and most exciting emo bands reunited to play, fans showed up in full force wearing some very . The event, that took place in the Las Vegas, served up some major music throwbacks. Bands that took to the stage included the All American Rejects, Death Cab for Cutie, and so much more.
Needless to say, after looking at some of the pictures, we were thinking about how these outfits could translate into our wardrobes now. As it turns out, it’s all about striking a balance and including some pieces that reflect us as adults now with ones that express our emo fandom.
Here are some pieces we’re loving at the moment:
1. Vans Core Classic Old Skool Sneakers
2. ASOS Design leather look midi pencil skirt in black
3. Dickies Cargo Pants For Men and Women
4. Reclaimed Vintage satin corset top in blue grunge floral print
5. Metallica Band T-Shirt
6. Men's Korean-Style Slim-Fit Motorcycle PU Jacket
7. Converse Unisex Chuck Taylor All Star Malden Street