A pilot was injured after a small plane crashed into a lake on Thursday, June 16, in Austin, Texas, according to local officials.
This footage released by Austin-Travis County Emergency Medical Services shows the plane almost completely submerged in the Lady Bird Lake.
Cory Chandler from the Texas Parks and Wildlife department said during a press conference that the pilot was doing a test flight after routine maintenance when he encountered technical problems.
According to Austin-Travis County Emergency Medical Services the pilot was taken to hospital with potentially serious injuries. No other injuries were reported. Credit: Austin-Travis County EMS via Storyful
- Pretty soon.
- EMS 3, DMO. Next one will be EMS operation.
- Thank you.
- EMS 3, be advised, we're going a word with one patient in the aircraft, he's down in the aircraft, almost to the dock. One patient.
- First Aid, one patient out [INAUDIBLE]. Confirming it's DMO2?
- One patient.
- EMS 3, Med Comm confirming it's DMO1, not DMO1, that has operations?
- Correct. It's DMO2 We can reduce any incoming EMS assets [INAUDIBLE].
- First Aid, matter of fact, the only other one is District Six and STAR Flight One is on standby, still rigging for rescue.