KUALA LUMPUR, Sept 17 — Malaysia recorded 17,577 new daily Covid-19 cases today.
According to the Ministry of Health, this brings the cumulative number of cases to 2,067,327 since the pandemic began.
Sarawak continued to record the highest cases at 3,480, followed by Selangor at 2,646, Johor at 2,334, Perak at 1,596, Sabah at 1,533, Penang at 1,462 and Kedah at 1,173.
States with low cases are Labuan at 10 cases, Putrajaya at 31 cases and Perlis at 41 cases.
According to the Covid-19 capacity and usage of beds data, usage of non-intensive care unit (ICU) beds stands at 70 per cent or 17,043 patients, while those who are currently admitted in the ICU are at 76 per cent or 1,611 patients.
As for an update on the number of individuals vaccinated as of today, the cumulative figure for those who have received their first vaccine dose stands at 21,783,871, of which 62,108 are new first-dose recipients.
According to Dr Noor Hisham, 17,973,545 are fully vaccinated, of which 140,190 completed their vaccination programme today.
The total vaccine doses administered in Malaysia to date is 39,685,414.
From the total new cases, only 1.4 per cent or 244 cases were under Categories 3, 4 and 5, while the remaining cases or 98.6 per cent were under Categories 1 and 2.
In comparison, 22,970 patients have recovered in the same period, bringing the recovery rate in the country to 88.2 per cent.
Sarawak still has the highest Rt or infectivity rate of 1.11, followed by Perak (1.04), Terengganu (1.04), Perlis (1.03) and Pahang (1.02).
The national infectivity rate is currently 0.98.
Dr Noor Hisham said 19 new clusters were identified among them — workplaces (11), community (six) and high risk groups (two).
This brought the cumulative number of clusters to 5,247, with 3,860 clusters which have ended and 1,387 active clusters.
Related Articles Khairy: Those already vaccinated against Covid-19 but still awaiting digital certs can use physical cards issued by PPVs Khairy targets early Oct roll-out of Covid-19 booster shots for frontliners, vulnerable groups New Covid-19 cases drop to below 15,000-mark in Malaysia after almost two months to 14,954