TUBIZE, BELGIUM (FILE - MARCH 26, 2018) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL)
1. RIGHT-BACK THOMAS MEUNIER RUNNING AFTER THE BALL DURING BELGIUM TRAINING
BRUSSELS, BELGIUM (FILE - AUGUST 31, 2016) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL)
2. VARIOUS OF MEUNIER DURING BELGIUM TRAINING
SAINT-GERMAIN-EN-LAYE, FRANCE (FILE - SEPTEMBER 11, 2017) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL)
3. FORWARD KYLIAN MBAPPE KNEELING DOWN AND LAUGHING WITH MEUNIER AT PSG TRAINING
SAINT-GERMAIN-EN-LAYE, FRANCE (FILE - OCTOBER 17, 2017) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL)
4. MEUNIER JOGGING LEFT TO MIDFIELDER MARCO VERRATTI
5. DEFENDER LAYVIN KURZAWA AND MEUNIER STRETCHING
SAINT-GERMAIN-EN-LAYE, FRANCE (FILE - AUGUST 11, 2016) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL)
6. VARIOUS OF MEUNIER DURING TRAINING
STORY: Belgian right-back Thomas Meunier has signed a four-year deal with Borussia Dortmund and will join the club on a free transfer when his current contract with PSG expires this month, the Bundesliga club said on Thursday (June 25).
The Ligue 1 season was ended in April amid the COVID-19 crisis and Meunier, whose contract expires on June 30, declined to sign a short-term extension that would allow him to play domestic cup finals and the remainder of the Champions League with PSG.
"Borussia Dortmund play exactly the type of football I want to play: exciting, authentic and natural," Meunier, who will link up with Belgium team mates Axel Witsel and Thorgan Hazard at Dortmund, said in a statement on the club's website.
"I am ambitious and I want to win titles with Dortmund, as I have done in Brugge and Paris."
The 28-year-old won three Ligue 1 titles during his four-year spell with PSG after joining the French champions from Club Brugge in 2016.