‘Don’t ask me, ask RPK’, Hamzah says of alleged agreement between Muhyiddin and Ismail Sabri

·2-min read
Malay Mail
Malay Mail

PUTRAJAYA, Sept 1 — Home Minister Datuk Seri Hamzah Zainudin today refused to address reports of a purported deal struck between Parti Pribumi Bersatu Malaysia (Bersatu) president Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin and Prime Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob.

“Don’t ask me, ask RPK,” he said, in reference to fugitive blogger Raja Petra Kamaruddin who is also known by the moniker RPK.

His comments came after former Umno supreme council member Datuk Lokman Noor Adam claimed he was privy to another part of the alleged agreement first revealed by Raja Petra in July, including the promise that the post of deputy prime minister would go to a Bersatu lawmaker and that discussions would be held before Parliament is dissolved to pave the way for the next general election (GE15).

In his batch of revelations that went viral on social media yesterday, Lokman also said that it was agreed that Tan Sri Idris Harun would be retained as the attorney general, along with Perikatan Nasional members in their positions in ministries and government-linked companies (GLC).

Another clause of the deal that was revealed by Lokman was that Ismail had to expedite the court proceedings of incarcerated former prime minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak and Umno president Datuk Seri Ahmad Zahid Hamidi.

Last week, Najib failed in his final appeal against the High Court's guilty conviction, which saw the Federal Court ordering him to serve his 12-year sentence immediately. He was also fined RM210 million.

Meanwhile, Ahmad Zahid is facing 33 charges of receiving bribes amounting to S$13.56 million (RM42 million) from UKSB as an inducement for himself in his capacity as a civil servant and the then home minister to extend the contract of the company as the operator of the OSCs in China and the VLN system as well as to maintain the agreement to supply VLN integrated system paraphernalia to the same company by the Home Ministry.

Earlier today, national news agency Bernama reported that Lokman was charged in the Sessions Court with two counts of making and initiating the transmission of offensive communications against the prime minister and the government.