Thomas Edison once summed up the topic of innovation like this: “There’s a way to do it better — find it.” So what are the next lightbulbs to illuminate Hollywood’s marquee? The second annual Variety Digital Innovators list recognizes 12 leaders pushing the boundaries at the intersection of technology and entertainment. These execs are harnessing the power of new formats, platforms and strategies to tap into content-hungry audiences — in 2020 and beyond.
More from Variety
- Listen: Anthony McCarten on Writing 'The Two Popes,' a Movie About 'Two Old Guys in Dresses Talking About God'
- Intl. TV Newswire: Netflix Rankings Abroad, BBC's 'Gavin and Stacey,' Latest VIS, HBO Latin America Titles
- Actor Deepika Padukone on Making Her Producing Debut in Acid Attack Movie 'Splash'
Best of Variety
- The Best Music Books of 2019 (a Lot of Them, Anyway)
- The Best TV Performances of the Decade
- TV's Top 25 Episodes of the Decade