KUALA LUMPUR, Sept 4 — Federal police today said that the process of issuing a Red Notice for former prime minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin’s son-in-law, Datuk Seri Muhammad Adlan Berhan is currently underway.
Deputy Inspector-General of Police Datuk Seri Ayob Khan Mydin Pitchay has confirmed that while the police are actively pursuing this matter, they are still awaiting the necessary warrant to proceed with the Red Notice application.
“The case of Muhyiddin’s son-in-law was investigated by the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission, but we were only asked to help with issuing Red Notice.
“We are in the process of applying for a Red Notice, and it will take time. Before we can issue a Red Notice, we must obtain a warrant,” he said during a press conference at Bukit Aman here today.
On August 25, Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Razarudin Husain reportedly said that Muhammad Adlan and his lawyer Mansoor Saat had been placed on Interpol’s Red Notice list.
MACC said the two men are needed to help in investigations of corruption and irregularities in relation to projects related to registration, recruitment as well as biometric storage of foreign workers.
Both men are reported to be out of the country on a business trip at present but have denied that they are on the run from the authorities.
According to the MACC, various efforts have been made including direct contact with both individuals but they have failed to appear at the MACC office till today.
Checks revealed that Muhammad Adlan and Mansoor left Malaysia on May 17 and May 21 respectively. There is no record of their return to the country.