Death Toll in Chasiv Yar Strike Rises to 47 as Search of Rubble Continues

Ukraine’s State Emergency Services said on July 13 they had recovered 47 bodies from the site of a Russian strike on an apartment building in Chasiv Yar, a city in Donetsk Oblast.

Footage published on July 12 shows work ongoing to clear the rubble after a five-story apartment building was destroyed by shelling on July 9.

The State Emergency Services said in an update on July 13 that 47 bodies, including that of a child, had been recovered from the site. A further nine people were rescued from the rubble.

Work at the site was continuing. Credit: State Emergency Service of Ukraine via Storyful

Video transcript

[NO SPEECH]

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting