This is the moment a gang mowed down a man twice in a brutal attack.
Gang leader David ‘Porky’ Clark, 36, was driving a Mercedes when he and his crew deliberately tried to run over the victim in Ridley Street, Southwick, Sunderland.
As the man tried to flee in a silver hatchback, Clark and the driver of a Volvo rammed the car and smashed into another parked vehicle.
He was hit twice by the cars and his vehicle rammed a further three times in the shocking attack on April 5, 2020.
🎥 CCTV showed Clark leading a convoy of vehicles to Ridley Street where a violent altercation ensued - as families watched on in shock.
A short time later, Clark aided by his accomplices disarmed & attacked Luke Owen with a machete. Today, all 5️⃣ defendants were sentenced. pic.twitter.com/m0CySPNVxX
— Northumbria Police (@northumbriapol) June 11, 2021
Moments later, Clark – aided by Shaun Hewitt, Shaun McGregor and Leigh Coulson - disarmed Luke Owen, who possessed a machete.
Owen was then stabbed with the machete in the middle of the street, leaving him with serious leg injuries and cuts to his face.
Earlier on the same evening, Clark’s girlfriend Coulson threatened an occupant on the same street as the attack.
She told the victim he would be “burnt to a crisp” and said a car would be driven through his living room.
A vehicle was reversed into the front door of the address and set on fire later that night.
All five gang members, from Sunderland, admitted a string of offences at Newcastle Crown Court in February.
On Friday ringleader Clark was jailed for 44 months after he admitted assault, dangerous driving and violent disorder.
Coulson, 33, pleaded guilty to violent disorder and threats to commit criminal damage by fire and received a 12-month suspended sentence.
Hewitt, 29, McGregor, 32, and Owen, 34, all admitted violent disorder and Owen also pleaded guilty to possession of an offensive weapon.
Hewitt was jailed for one year, McGregor was jailed for 15 months and Owen received an 11-month sentence suspended for 12 months.
Detective Inspector Andy Richardson, of Northumbria Police, said: “The violence that we saw on the streets of Southwick that night was appalling and all five defendants should be ashamed of themselves.
“The series of incidents unfolded in a residential area where families watched on in shock – and they will no doubt have been horrified to see this level of offending just
yards from their front door.
“Clark was at the centre of the disorder and is somebody who has consistently shown a total disregard for the law.
“I am pleased that he is now behind bars and the severity of his crimes reflected in his sentence.
“We will not tolerate violence in our communities and hope this outcome offers reassurance to our communities.
“We are committed to continue tackling serious and organised criminality.”