Several days after the police shot dead four suspected robbers in Sungai Buloh, an individual who claimed to be a "Datuk" had informed the police that he would hold a group protest over the incident.
Selangor acting police chief Arjunaidi Mohamed (above) confirmed that the man had called Sungai Buloh district police headquarters to inform his plan.
"He contacted Sungai Buloh District police headquarters to tell his plan about the protest.
"We are investigating the matter to find out when and where they are going to hold the protest," Arjunaidi told Malaysiakini.
On Dec 25, a police team which received information about a house robbery in Rawang spotted a suspicious-looking Perodua Axia car ferrying four men in Sungai Buloh.
Refusing the police order to stop, the car sped off towards Jalan Kuala Selangor where it rammed into a GrabFood rider and dragged her for about a few metres.
Arjunaidi said the police then fired several shots at the suspect's car to save the victim.
He said one of the suspects alighted the car with a machete and prompted the police to fire a few more shots. The four suspects died at the scene.
Checks revealed that the four suspects, in their 20s, had been involved in more than 50 robberies in Selangor throughout this year.