Dr Noor Hisham said the sixth fatality was a 40-year-old woman who was the daughter of the 79-year-old woman. The daughter had been admitted to the Sarawak General Hospital on March 18 after coming down with fever and cough since March 7.
"She was confirmed COVID-19 positive on March 19 and was given respiratory aid the same day when her condition deteriorated. She was confirmed to have died at 1.20 pm on March 21 (today)," he added.
Dr Noor Hisham said the seventh death involved a 57-year-old Malaysian man who had a travel history to Vietnam and had contact with a COVID-19 positive case from the tabligh cluster.
He said the man was admitted to the Kuala Lumpur Hospital on March 18 after having fever, cough and sore throat for a week. He was put on respiratory aid when his condition worsened the following day and was confirmed to have died at 3.22 pm today.
Dr Noor Hisham said the eighth death was that of a 69-year-old Malaysian man from the tabligh cluster. He was admitted to the Tumpat Hospital on March 16 after coming down with fever since March 12.
"He was transferred to the Hospital Raja Perempuan Zainab II, Kota Bharu on March 18 after his condition worsened and he required respiratory aid the following day. He was confirmed to have died at 4 pm today,” he added.
The Health Ministry offered its condolences to their family members.
TAGS: COVID-19, Hospital Tumpat, Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah, Health Ministry, deaths