PUTRAJAYA, March 22 (Bernama) -- The Ministry of Health today confirmed that 11 Malaysians who had travelled to Sulawesi, Indonesia to attend the international tabligh gathering had been detected in Tawau, Sabah yesterday.
Health director-general Datuk Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah said all of them had undergone COVID-19 screening and had been quarantined pending test results.
"It is true that we have been waiting for them in Tawau and we have detected 11 of them... the swab test has been carried out, we are just waiting for the result," he told a COVID-19 daily press conference here.
He said about 80 to 100 Malaysians had travelled to Sulawesi to attend the gathering based on an engagement session between him and the tabligh leaders.
Asked about the remaining Malaysians who attended the rally, he said they were likely still in the neighbouring country.