Denmark's Christian Eriksen returned to Italy and Inter Milan for the first time since collapsing on the pitch during Euro 2020.
The club shared a photo of Eriksen, 29, with his teammates on Wednesday. Inter Milan said in a club statement Eriksen is "doing well and is in excellent physical and mental shape."
"He will now follow the recovery program put forward by Danish doctors in Copenhagen, who will also co-ordinate the clinical follow-up," Inter Milan said. "The Inter medical staff will naturally be kept informed and up to date throughout the process."
Eriksen will have further tests in Italy and is not expected back on the soccer pitch for at least six months, ESPN reported. Doctors are running him through tests to find the cause for the cardiac arrest. Per ESPN, depending on the cause and treatment, he could be prohibited from playing soccer in Italy but could pursue opportunities in other countries with different rules.
Eriksen collapsed during Euro 2020 match
The Danish midfielder collapsed due to cardiac arrest during Denmark's opening Euro 2020 game against Finland in June. It happened during the 42nd minute after receiving a throw-in and play was suspended, though it resumed hours later to much criticism from fans and players.
Eriksen received CPR on the field and was transported to a nearby hospital, where officials said later that day he was stable and awake. He had surgery to implant a heart starter in his chest. Similar to a pacemaker, it sends an electrical charge to his heart if it begins beating irregularly.
He was discharged from the hospital six days later and visited the national team before heading home to be with family.
UEFA invited Eriksen, his wife and six medics who helped save his life to the Euro 2020 final last month. Eriksen turned down the offer.
Inter Milan returns to play on Aug. 21 against Genoa in Serie A competition. Eriksen joined the club in January 2020 and helped them to the 2020-21 Serie A title.
More from Yahoo Sports: