Chinese resident risks life to drag flaming gas cylinder out of building

A resident risked his life to drag a flaming gas cylinder out of a building in eastern China. A video filmed in the city of Nantong in Jiangsu Province on September 11 shows a man using an umbrella to drag a flaming gas cylinder out of his flat. Two residents fell down onto the ground and suffered burns of different degrees. The neighbours reportedly called firefighters and they arrived to extinguish the fire. According to reports, the gas leaked due to an ageing gas pipeline in a resident’s flat causing the fire. The video was provided by local media with permission.

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting