Tatum will make his directorial debut with producing partner Reid Carolin. The duo will direct from a script they wrote with Brett Rodriguez.
More from Variety
- AFM: Nervous Time for the Independent Sector
- AFM: Pan Nalin's 'Last Film Show' Heads to Orange Studio (EXCLUSIVE)
- AFM: Bac Films Launches Sales on 'Our Men;' Unveils First Still (EXCLUSIVE)
Tatum will play former Army Ranger Briggs, who’s journeying down the Pacific Coast with Lulu to attend his best friend’s — and Lulu’s former handler’s — funeral in this road trip movie.
“Dog” is being produced by Tatum and Carolin’s Free Association and Gregory Jacobs. Principal photography is slated for the spring and summer.
Film Nation and CAA are launching worldwide sales at the American Film Market, which opens Wednesday in Santa Monica.
Tatum, Carolin and Jacobs produced the original “Magic Mike,” starring Tatum and directed by Steven Soderbergh from a script by Carolin. Jacobs directed the sequel “Magic Mike XXL” from Carolin’s script. The news about “Dog” was first reported by Deadline.
Best of Variety
- Emmys Trivia: 20 Surprising Facts From 2019's Nominations
- Listen: Hugh Grant on Why He Would Kill Social Media if He Could
- The Best Gifts for 'Big Bang Theory' Fans