* The Toronto Stock Exchange's TSX falls 0.06 percent to 20,582.94
* Leading the index were Denison Mines Corp , up 8.8%, Canadian National Railway Co, up 7.4%, and Equinox Gold Corp, higher by 6%.
* Lagging shares were Canadian Pacific Railway Ltd, down 4.5%, Russel Metals Inc, down 2.6%, and First Quantum Minerals Ltd, lower by 2.6%.
* On the TSX 122 issues rose and 103 fell as a 1.2-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 19 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 228.3 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Canadian Pacific Railway Ltd, Suncor Energy Inc and Manulife Financial Corp.
* The TSX's energy group rose 0.03 points, or 0.0%, while the financials sector slipped 2.48 points, or 0.6%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 1.01%, or $0.7, to $68.51 a barrel. Brent crude fell 0.61%, or $0.45, to $72.96 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 18.1% for the year.
This summary was machine generated August 31 at 21:03.