A California restaurant says it’s had to reduce the number of seats in its dining area by over 40 percent in order to comply with potential coronavirus guidelines, but says they are ready to reopen when given the green light.
This video was posted by Tina’s Place, a restaurant located in Pinole, California. Like all restaurants in the state, it’s had to shutter its dine-in services since the middle of March due to government restrictions meant to slow the spread of COVID-19.
On April 28, California Governor Gavin Newsom and health officials sketched a plan to reopen certain businesses in the state, including a second phase that would include restaurants that have been outfitted to ensure diners and staff are distanced.
Tina’s Place has been serving takeout during the shutdown in California, but on the day of Newsom’s remarks, the restaurant posted video showing how staff had rearranged the interior in anticipation of restarting limited dine in service once officials gave permission.
“We have been required to keep a six foot between every table bring to the federal and state guidelines for reopening the restaurant so when they do give us the go ahead to reopen we are ready to go,” said a member of staff. “We have lost 32 seats of our 72 seats.”
As of April 27, California had recorded more than 45,000 confirmed COVID-19 cases, and at least 1,809 deaths had been tied to the virus. Credit: Tina’s Place via Storyful