Britney Spears Accidentally Burned Down Her Home Gym

Bianca Betancourt
Photo credit: Jamie McCarthy - Getty Images

From Harper's BAZAAR

  • Pop star Britney Spears shared on Instagram that she accidentally burned down her home gym a few months ago after forgetting about a pair of lit candles inside the space.
  • "It was an accident .... but yes .... I burnt it down," admitted the singer.

Britney Spears revealed on Instagram yesterday that she had accidentally burned down her home gym a few months ago. In the clip, Spears revisits her studio, which now has only two working machines, and reveals that the space is bare-bones due to a fire caused by two candles she left burning and had forgotten about.

"I haven't been in here for, like, six months, because I burnt my gym down, unfortunately. I had two candles, and, yeah, one thing led to another, and I burned it down," says Spears in the video.

Photo credit: Jeff Kravitz - Getty Images

The pop star got into more detail of how the fire happened in the caption of her post, where she also explained she's grateful not more damage had been done.

"It was an accident …. but yes …. I burnt it down 🙈. I walked past the door to the gym and flames 🔥🔥🔥🔥 BOOM !!!!!!" wrote Spears. "By the Grace of God the alarm 🚨 went off after that and yippy hoorah nobody got hurt 🙏🏼. Unfortunately now I have only two pieces of equipment left lol and a one-sided mirror gym 🙄🙄🙄 !!!!! But it could be much worse so I'm grateful. Pssss I like working out better outside anyways 🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸 !!!!"

Spears isn't letting her new home gym stop her from working out, however. In the clip, after explaining the circumstances of her home studio, Spears goes on to show off the sweat-sesh routine she's been doing while in Los Angeles heeding the government's stay-at-home order.

You Might Also Like