RESENDING WITH COMPLETE SCRIPT
VIDEO SHOWS: BEIJING 2022 WINTER OLYMPICS SPEED SKATING OVAL UNDER CONSTRUCTION
SHOWS: BEIJING, CHINA (SEPTEMBER 23, 2020) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL)
1. WORKER WALKING INTO THE NATIONAL SPEED SKATING OVAL, ALSO KNOWN AS "ICE RIBBON"
2. INTERIOR OF NATIONAL SPEED SKATING OVAL
3. VARIOUS OF WORKER WORKING
4. EMPTY SEATS
5. VARIOUS OF WORKERS WORKING
6. VARIOUS OF EXTERIOR OF NATIONAL SPEED SKATING OVAL
7. BOARD SHOWING COUNTDOWN OF CONSTRUCTION FINISHING TIME
STORY: Construction of the National Speed Skating Oval, which will host the 2021 World Speed Skating Championships and the speed skating competitions at the 2022 Winter Olympics, is underway.
The oval, also known as "Ice ribbon", is one of the eight new venues China is building for the 2022 Winter Olympics.
Started in 2018, the construction work of the Olympic venue is expected to be finished by end of this year, according to Chinese officials, although a countdown board at the site showed the project to be complete before October 31, 2020.
The structure spans across 79,990 square metres and can accommodate 12,056 spectators.
China has already made extensive preparations for the Games, which they say are on track to be held from Feb. 4-20, 2022.
(Production: Thomas Suen)