Barats, the dino rider, is Mobile Legends: Bang Bang‘s newest tank with a passive that lets him change his size. Literally.
Called Big Guy, it stacks each time Barats deals damage to an enemy. Every stack increases his size and increases his physical and magic defense. Even though his skill descriptions are lengthy, Barats is a beginner-friendly hero with three skills that you can easily combo.
Ultimate – Detona’s Welcome
Detona locks onto an enemy hero, if the target doesn’t leave Detona’s hunting range within the next 1.5 seconds, Deona will devour the target, surpressing the target for 1 second.
During this period, Barats is immune to control effects and unable to move while still being able to turn in a direction.
Then Detona spits the target out, dealing 120 / 160 / 200 (+70% Total Physical Attack) (+1.2% Max HP) Physical Damage to the target. If the target is knocked into other enemy heroes or walls, the target and enemy heroes that it was knocked into will take 150 / 200 / 250 (+80% Total Physical Attack) (+1.5% Max HP) Physical Damage and be stunned for 1 second.
When Big Guy reaches 6, 11, 16 and 21 stacks respectively, the damage of this skill will be increased by 25%. By learning this skill, Detona gains 5 stacks of Big Guy immediately after each respawn.
- Three actions make up his ultimate: Eating the target, controlling Barats when the target is inside his belly (direction), and the area where the target is spat out.
- As this is a channel, enemies can easily avoid Detona’s Welcome and put it into cooldown if they are near the outer edge of his range. Those with enhanced movement speed, dash skills, skills that make them untargetable, or Flicker have a chance to escape or negate it entirely, so pick your timing and targets wisely.
- Even though enemy carries may be prime targets, you may not be able reach them in the back line all the time. You can choose to devour a front line tank, then spit into the backline for an AoE stun instead.
- His ultimate can be used at the start or end of a combo. Of course, due to Big Guy, it’s more favorable to use it towards the end of a long teamfight.
- If enemy heroes step too close, welcome them under the turret with your ultimate.
- Since it is a heavy CC supression, look to make a play whenver it is up. Each time you use this skill successfully is a win for your team — but take note of your opponents’ HP, for you won’t want to spit out a high HP assassin into your back line!
Passive – Big Guy
Each time Barats and Detona deal damage to a target, Detona gains 1 stack of Big Guy for 12 seconds, capped at 25 stacks. For each stack of Big Guy, Detona gains increased body size, 5 Physical Defense and Magic Defense, and 3% Resilience.
When Big Guy reaches 16 stacks, Detona will trample the target with his his Basic Attack, dealing (+120% Total Physical Attack) (+4% Total HP) Physical Damage to enemies within a round area and slow them by 40% for 0.2 seconds.
- His passive is what makes Barats a unique hero. The longer Barats is in combat, the tankier he becomes.
- Due to the nature of Big Guy, even though your health may drop in a teamfight, your resistances go up, which allows you to make clutch plays.
- Take note of the stacks you accumulate. It’s possible to accumulate them in the side lane or in the jungle first, then enter a fight for maximum effectiveness.
- Remember to slide auto attacks in between your skill combos and utilize the enhanced basic attack at 16 stacks.
- 6 fighters MPL pros are using as tanks
- Resurgence’s Kayzeepi explains how to use ‘Feeding Diggie’ in your ranked games
First skill – So-Called Teamwork
Detona spits contaminated oil in the fan-shaped area in front, dealing 60 / 80 / 100 / 120 / 140 / 160 (+8% Total HP) Physical Damage to enemies within the area and slowing them by 30% for 1 second.
Then Barats drops the firecracker onto the contaminated oil from his bag and ignites it, dealing 120 / 160 / 200 / 240 / 280 / 320 (+170% Total Physical Attack) Physical Damage to enemies within the area.
The area of effect of So-Called Teamwork will increase when Big Guys reaches 6, 11, 16, and 21 stacks.
- This is your bread and butter skill, so max this first. Use it to clear waves, and use it whenever it is up in a battle.
- There are two animations to So-Called Teamwork. The first is the initial fan-shaped AoE that appears in front of Detona. Then, Barats follows up with a second ignition to the same area. To deal the most damage, hit both onto enemies.
- Opponents can walk out of the contaminated oil to avoid the firecracker damage, so it’s best to use his first skill in combination with his second.
Second skill – Missile “Expert”
Barats launches a missile to the designated area. Upon landing, a blast of flame spouts out from the rear of the missile, dealing 200 / 230 / 260 / 290 / 320 / 350 (+125% Total Physical Attack) Physical Damage to enemies in a straight line and pushing them toward Barats a certain distance.
- Max this last as it is primarily used for crowd control.
- The skill outline is similar to Cecilion’s Sanguine Claws with a difference — you can turn it in any direction and control the distance.
- Use Missile “Expert” followed by So-Called Team Work to pull enemies in and deal a good load of damage. You can also use this second skill after his ultimate to chain CC your target.
Tips and Tricks
The default recommended Battle Spell for Barats is Vengeance, but we recommend Flicker. Barats is a sticker; he likes to stick onto enemy heroes because the range of his skills aren’t that far and his passive grants him an enhanced basic attack.
Think of him as a big, baby dinosaur who wants to draw the attention of the opposing team. With Flicker, you’ll be able to engage with your second skill and ultimate better.
Since Barats likes to take extended trades, running Fighter Emblem with Festival of Blood is one option. Taking Brave Smite under the Tank Emblem, which increases his HP when crowd controlling an enemy hero, also synergizes well.
Like Jawhead, Barats can be build as a fighter with Magic Shoes, Raptor Machete, Endless Battle and Blade of Heptaseas, or a tank who equips Thunderbelt, Queen’s Wings, Brute Force Plate, Athena’s Shield and Immortality.