RESENDING WITH COMPLETE SCRIPT
EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: EDIT IS LIVE-U QUALITY
VIDEO SHOWS: PARIS ST GERMAIN AND BAYERN MUNICH TEAM BUSES ARRIVING AT ESTADIO DA LUZ FOR THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL, SECURITY OUTSIDE THE STADIUM, LOCAL RESIDENTS WATCHING ON FROM NEARBY HILL
SHOWS: LISBON, PORTUGAL (AUGUST 23, 2020) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL)
1. PARIS ST GERMAIN TEAM BUS ARRIVING AT THE ESTADIO DA LUZ - THE VENUE FOR THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL
2. POLICE STANDING ON PERIMETER OF ROUNDABOUT / POLICE OFFICERS STANDING NEXT TO POLICE VAN
3. EXTERIOR OF STADIUM
4. VARIOUS OF LOCAL RESIDENTS WATCHING ON FROM NEARBY HILL
5. BAYERN MUNICH TEAM BUS ARRIVING AT THE ESTADIO DA LUZ
6. VARIOUS OF POLICE OUTSIDE STADIUM
7. EXTERIOR OF STADIUM / SECURITY WALKING ACROSS BRIDGE TOWARDS STADIUM
8. EXTERIOR OF STADIUM
9. STADIUM SEEN FROM OPPOSITE ANGLE
STORY: Bayern Munich and Paris St Germain arrived at Benfica's Estadio da Luz on Sunday (August 23) for the Champions League final.
With the final taking place without spectators due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there weren't many supporters in the Portuguese capital but there were a few soccer jerseys spotted in the city during the day.
Lisbon has hosted UEFA's final eight mini tournament featuring the quarter-finals, semi-finals and final. UEFA has adopted a single-game knockout format for this tournament rather than the usual two-legged games.
The format was changed in order to allow the competition to be completed in a shorter time-span after the COVID-19 pandemic halted play for several months across Europe in March.
Bayern are aiming for their sixth European title and first since 2013 while for Paris St Germain this is the first final in the club's history.
The match kicks off at 1900GMT (2000 local).
(Production: Miguel Pereira, Tim Hart)