Bam Margera Turns Himself In to Pennsylvania Police After Arrest Warrant Issued

·2-min read

Brandon “Bam” Margera has turned himself in to Pennsylvania state police after a warrant for his arrest went out on Monday, April 24 following a “physical confrontation.” As reported by NBC News: “Bam was preliminary arraigned and his unsecured bail was set at $50,000, police said. His next court hearing is scheduled for May 25.”

Previously, police were called to a Chester County residence at 11 a.m. on April 23 in response to a reported disturbance. The former “Jackass” star was allegedly involved in an altercation with someone at the household, who suffered minor injuries.

More from Variety

“Margera fled into a wooded area prior to the arrival of [Pennsylvania State Police] and has not been located at this time,” reads the statement. A warrant for his arrest was issued on April 24.

Margera’s brother, musician Jess Margera, appeared to confirm the confrontation on social media. Tweeting from a verified account on Monday, Jess Margera posted a screenshot of Instagram correspondence in which he said Bam “threw some punches at me which I blocked.”

The arrest warrant comes just months after Margera — a former skateboarder and TV personality — was hospitalized in December and required ventilation after contracting pneumonia.

In January, Margera appeared on his former “Jackass” collaborator Steve-O’s podcast to detail the experience.

“Basically, I was pronounced dead on Dec. 8,” Margera said. “I did not know that I had gnarly COVID and my body was shutting down. I went into four seizures, each one lasting 10 to 20 minutes. On the fourth one I bit my tongue so hard it was nearly fallen off. It got so swollen and puffy it wouldn’t fit in my mouth. I was drinking the infected blood which gave me pneumonia as well.”

Margera and Steve-O both got their start in Hollywood on MTV’s prank-stunt series “Jackass,” but Margera was not involved in last year’s feature film “Jackass Forever” because he broke a clause in his contract that required him to stay sober during production.

Margera filed a lawsuit in August 2022 against Paramount and “Jackass” ringleader Johnny Knoxville over the firing, claiming the creators coerced him into signing the “wellness agreement” for the movie while he was still in rehab.

The suit alleged that Margera was fired after testing positive for Adderall, even though he had an Adderall prescription for 10 years. The lawsuit was eventually settled.

Best of Variety

Sign up for Variety’s Newsletter. For the latest news, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

Click here to read the full article.