NEW YORK (AP) — An 11-month-old baby died Friday after being burned by steam leaking from a radiator inside a Brooklyn apartment, according to New York City police.
Officers responding to a 911 call shortly after 6 a.m. found the boy unconscious in an apartment bedroom, where steam continued to spew from the heating unit, police said. He was taken to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
An investigation was underway, police said.
A radiator malfunction was blamed for the deaths of two young sisters who suffered steam burns in a New York City apartment in 2016.