Australia says it ended its own evacuations from Afghanistan on Friday, after deadly twin bombings outside the airport of the capital Kabul that left scores dead the day before.
Prime Minister Scott Morrison broke the news.
"Australia's operation now for the evacuation have been completed. We were able to ensure the departure of the remaining Australian personnel over the course of last night not that long before the terrible events that unfolded last night took place."
Morrison said more than four thousand people including citizens and Afghans with visas had been evacuated over nine days.
But with security compromised after the attack, claimed by Islamic State, he said it was no longer safe to continue rescue missions.
"Australia condemns the evil, the calculated and inhuman attacks that were undertaken in Kabul overnight on the innocent and on the brave."
It is unclear how many Australians remain in Afghanistan.
While the United States and others continue with evacuation flights, Morrison warned it was unlikely Australians and visa holders would be given seats.
Canada says it has also ended its evacuations, while Britain has declined to specify when its last flight would leave.
France has said it expects its own operations to be completed Friday evening.