Arista Records announced today the appointment of Zeke Silvera as vice president of A&R. Silvera is based in New York and will report to CEO and president of Arista, David Massey.
“As we continue to grow our Arista team and A&R presence, Zeke brings a unique sensibility and strong ear for our developing artists,” Massey said. “He is a highly talented executive with exceptional relationships with artists and the creative community. We are excited for Zeke to join the Arista family.”
More from Variety
- Sony Recorded Music Revenues up 10.5% for Quarter, Streaming Soars 21%
- Tommy Mottola: From the Bronx to the Boardroom to the Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Sony Music Promotes Mark Cavell and Per Hauber to Lead Masterworks, Classical Labels
Silvera stated, “I’m looking forward to helping grow Arista’s diverse roster and to amplify the artists’ visions. I’m am excited to be a part of the Arista family.”
Prior to his role at Arista Records, Silvera worked for six years at Island Records (where Massey was CEO at the time), where he was promoted from A&R assistant to Vice President, A&R. While at Island Records, Silvera worked with artists including Demi Lovato, Nick Jonas, Mike Posner and Iggy Azalea. In 2018, he left the label to create his own producer/management company, EZI Management, where his producers collaborated with artists such as Lil Nas X and A$AP Rocky.
Best of Variety
- Emmys Trivia: 20 Surprising Facts From 2019's Nominations
- Listen: Hugh Grant on Why He Would Kill Social Media if He Could
- The Best Gifts for 'Big Bang Theory' Fans