On Monday, Lindell told CNN that President Donald Trump was “enthusiastic” about an unproven and untested oleander-based therapeutic for coronavirus that he and POTUS discussed in a White House meeting last month. Today, Cooper had Lindell on his primetime show for a sometimes-heated interview. And it was epic.
More from Deadline
- Sean Hannity & Tucker Carlson Attack "Frail, Weak" Joe Biden, Michelle Obama & "Informerical" Democratic Convention; Fox News' Coverage Token In 1st Hour Of Night 2
- Bill Clinton Uses Democratic Convention Speech To Attack Donald Trump On One Of His Perceived Strengths: The Economy
- How To Watch Tonight's Democratic National Convention Online & On TV
At one point, a clearly fed-up Cooper talks over Lindell and says, “You really are like a snake-oil salesman.” When Lindell continues, Cooper adds, “You could be in the Old West standing on a box telling people to drink your amazing elixir that there’s no proof –”
At that point, Pillow Guy interrupts and invokes Divine authority, shouting: “I give the glory to God — I do what Jesus has me do! I give the glory to God!” The men then talk over each other until Cooper relents. Lindell then asks, “Why would I do this? Ask yourself, why would I ruin my reputation if I didn’t believe in this product?”
Cooper counters with, “Money.”
Then he adds, You don’t have a good reputation.” Twice.
Lindell looks unfazed and retorts, “If you say that, I’m gonna pray for you Anderson.”
Cooper then reminds Lindell that the exec “settled for a million dollars with California and you have an F from the Better Business Bureau.”
The exec replies, “Because they destroyed me when I went all-in for this great president!”
And there was lots more — more yelling, more attacks, more deflections, more everything.
Have a look and listen here — in two bursts:
Best of Deadline
- U.S. Coronavirus Update: New Cases Break Record 70,000 For The First Time; Infections Up 40% Since Early July
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto