LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, UNITED STATES (FILE) (GOLDEN BOY PROMOTIONS - MUST COURTESY GOLDEN BOY PROMOTIONS)
1. SAUL 'CANELO' ALVAREZ TRAINING
LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, UNITED STATES (FILE - NOVEMBER 1, 2019) (GOLDEN BOY PROMOTIONS - MUST COURTESY GOLDEN BOY PROMOTIONS)
2. ALVAREZ WEIGHING IN AHEAD OF HIS MOST RECENT FIGHT AGAINST SERGEY KOVALEV, WHO HE BEAT
3. ALVAREZ AND KOVALEV FACING OFF
NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES (FILE - FEBRUARY 27, 2019) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL)
4. ALVAREZ WITH BELTS POSING WITH DANIEL JACOBS, WHO HE BEAT
MEXICO CITY, MEXICO (FILE - MARCH 1, 2019) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL)
5. ALVAREZ WITH BELTS
LIVERPOOL, ENGLAND, UK (FILE - NOVEMBER 23, 2019) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL) (MUTE)
6. STILL PHOTO SHOWING CALLUM SMITH AHEAD OF HIS MOST RECENT FIGHT AGAINST JOHN RYDER, WHO HE BEAT
7. STILL PHOTO SHOWING SMITH IN ACTION DURING FIGHT
8. STILL PHOTO SHOWING SMITH POSING WITH BELTS
STORY: Mexican Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez will fight Callum Smith at a yet to be confirmed venue in the United States next month with the Britain's WBA world super-middleweight title at stake.
"I'll be returning to the ring on December 19th to face Callum Smith," Alvarez said on social media, with the fight to be shown on subscription streaming service DAZN.
Alvarez has been a world champion in four weight divisions.
Smith, 30, won the title from compatriot George Groves in Saudi Arabia in September 2018 and remains unbeaten in 27 fights.
Alvarez, also 30, has not fought for more than a year. His only defeat in 56 bouts was against Floyd Mayweather in 2013.
(Production: Stefan Haskins)