Survivors of an air strike that aid workers say killed more than 56 people in Ethiopia's Tigray region.
It hit a camp for displaced people in the town of Dedebit and occurred late on Friday night (January 7), said the aid workers, anonymously because they were not authorized to speak to the media.
They said local authorities had confirmed the number of dead.
One said the camp hosts many old women and children, who couldn't escape in the darkness when the bombs struck at midnight.
Spokespeople from the military, government and Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed's office did not immediately respond to requests for comment.
The government has previously denied targeting civilians in the 14-month conflict with rebellious Tigrayan forces.
Since the war erupted, Reuters has reported atrocities by all sides, which the parties to the fighting have denied.
Earlier on Friday, the government freed several opposition leaders from prison and said it would begin dialog with its political opponents, in a step towards reconciliation.