ADHERE TO MCO DIRECTIVES - UGGAH

AHMAD SYABIL SULTAN NOORDIN AHMAD

KUCHING, March 19 (Bernama) -- One new positive case of COVID-19 was recorded in Sarawak today, raising the tally in the state to 51, said state Deputy Chief Minister Datuk Amar Douglas Uggah Embas.

Uggah, who is State Disaster Management Committee chairman, said as of today, the state recorded a total of 683 Person Under Investigation (PUI) cases of which 292 had been tested negative while 340 are awaiting laboratory test results.

He said as positive cases of the COVID-19 is on the upward trend in the state and in the country, the government do not want people from cities or towns to rush home to their longhouses or villages in rural areas.

"We also do not want crowds in coffee shops, restaurants, airports and so forth. That is why the Movement Control Act is now coming into force. One of the preventive measures is for the people to shun crowded places,” he said in a statement here today.

He said COVID-19 could spread easily in such a situation and advised those with fever, cough or respiratory difficulties to go to the nearest health department or hospital for screening.

-- MORE

 

COVID-UGGAH 2 (CONTAINMENT) (LAST) KUCHING

 

Meanwhile, Uggah also said another three venues here had been identified as quarantine centres for Kuching, which are Institut Kemajuan Desa, Institut Tadbiran Awam Negara (INTAN) Sarawak and the Tun Abdul Razak Campus Teacher's Training College.

He said the Institut Kemajuan Desa would be ready in three days time and all the quarantine centres would be completely out of bounds to the public.

-- BERNAMA

 

TAGS: COVID-19, cases, Uggah, State Disaster Management Committee, Sarawak