As the coronavirus pandemic continues, fitness studios have closed their doors to promote social distancing and help "flatten the curve." But as we know, incorporating exercise into your daily routine is crucial to your overall wellbeing, so gyms and fitness pros have come together to amp up at-home fitness resources, including live-streaming workout classes and offering free app trials.
We've rounded up the best workout resources for you to take advantage of during your time at home.
High Intensity Classes
- Orangetheory: This popular endurance class focuses on intervals and targeting certain zones of your heart rate. Given the impact of COVID-19, Orangetheory is now uploading new at-home 30 minute workout routines daily. You won't need any special equipment, but the instructors do get creative and have you utilize objects you can find around the house like coffee jugs in lieu of weights.
- Barry's: Barry's is rolling out complimentary, twice-daily IGTV Barry's at-home workouts. There are two options: one focuses on body weight and the other utilizes Barry's exclusive “Band Together Fit Kit,” a package of resistance, mini, and booty bands.
- Fhitting Room: NYC’s leading HIIT studio is offering 30 days complimentary to their digital subscription service Fhitting Room On Demand. Everyone can access the free HIIT workouts at ondemand.fhittingroom.com. They also offer Fhitting Room LIVE classes which cost $20 and are as close to an actual class as possible since you have a trainer who is interacting with you. Private/Private Group LIVE classes are also available for families, friends, or colleagues who would like to do a class together from their homes.
- Rumble: Rumble is all about "social fitnessing." This killer boxing studio is hosting daily Instagram Live videos featuring cardio and body weight workouts every morning. Check out their Instagram feed for daily class times.
Toning and Dancing Classes
- Tone It Up: One of my personal favorite workouts, Tone It Up has an amazing community and offers all different types of toning and endurance workouts. The app will be free for new users for the next 30 days, and workout videos range from 10-40 minutes to fit your schedule. Plus, founders Karena and Katrina will be going live on the @ToneItUp Instagram throughout the week.
- P.volve: This functional movement fitness program just announced it will be offering 30 days of free streaming to all new members, which gives you access to hundreds of workouts. Use the code ONEPVOLVE to start your free trial. They'll also be sharing free live workouts on Instagram and YouTube three times a day (8AM, 1PM, and 6PM EST).
- 305 Fitness: This stellar dance-cardio party is one of NYC's most popular workout classes. In light of the COVID-19 closures, founder Sadie Kurzban is now offering free cardio dance live streams twice a day on YouTube at noon and 6PM EST.
- OBE Fitness: Kelly Ripa swears by this awesome toning workout. The app offers 100 live classes per week, including cardio, strength, yoga, and stretch based workouts. Use code SWEATSANDCITY for your first month of at-home workouts free.
- Bandier: Bandier will be hosting Instagram Live workouts every day at 4PM EST that can be done at home.
- Dance Body: This awesome dance fitness workout is offering a free 7-day trial of their DanceBody LIVE platform and 50% off your first month with code DBATHOME.
- Physique 57: This toning workout is designed to sculpt your ultimate physique. Enjoy a 7-day free trial of their app here.
- CorePower Yoga: If you're looking to complete your yoga flow at home, CorePower Yoga is offering free streaming live classes for you each day. If you are already a member, you'll now be able to enjoy full unlimited access to all online classes through CorePower Yoga On Demand, which include 20-60 minute versions of the same CorePower class formats you're used to in the studio. For those who are not members, CorePower is still providing free access to a limited collection of online classes available weekly.
- Lululemon: Your favorite athletic clothing brand will be hosting free Instagram Live sessions that feature yoga, do-anywhere workouts, meditation, and self-care tips.
- Skyting: This community-driven yoga brand is offering a one week free of their yoga television platform.
- Y7 Yoga: This sweat-dripping, candlelight yoga studio is offering Flow On Your Own Instagram Live sessions throughout the week.
Celebrity Trainer Classes
- Don Saladino: Known for training Blake Lively, this celebrity personal trainer and owner of Drive Health Clubs is offering a free 4-week bodyweight training program that requires no equipment and can be done in the comfort of your own home. Saladino will also be going live on Instagram daily to coach you through a 20-30 minute body weight program.
- Fit Body: These challenging workouts by Instagram fitness guru Anna Victoria are super effective, and new members of the app will be able to take advantage of it for free for the next 30 days. Go to fitbodyapp.com, select the one-month membership, and enter code DAJEITALIA at checkout.
- Kira Stokes Fit: Celebrity trainer for stars like Candace Cameron Bure, Ashley Graham, and Shay Mitchell, Kira Stokes offers a wide variety of workouts using your bodyweight or household items like a pillow. Stokes' core and glute workouts are a favorite among her followers. She offers a free trial on her app for the first week.
- Centr: Chris Hemsworth is known for his ultra-fit physique. He's brought together his personal group of trainers, nutritionist, and wellness gurus on the Centr app to provide you with great workouts and wellness tips. Take advantage of a free trial of the app for the first week here.
- Melissa Wood Health: Melissa Wood is the founder of the MWH Method offers over 100 workouts on her app, include a pre- and postnatal series. She offers a 7-day free trial on her app, and is also doing workouts on her Youtube and IGTV pages.
- Hot Pilates: Celebrity trainer to stars like Hailey Bieber and Selena Gomez, Shannon Nadj, founder of Hot Pilates, is offering full workout routines on her Youtube Channel as well as daily live classes on the Hot Pilates Instagram.
A Little Bit (or a Lotta Bit) of Everything
- Peloton: Although Peloton is known for its indoor cycling bike and tread, the company offers many other fitness classes on its streaming app (one of my personal favorite parts about Peloton is their digital strength workouts). Peloton is now offering a 90-day free trial of their yoga, meditation, strength, cycling, running, and other fitness classes to anyone for use, even if you don't own the bike itself.
- Redeem Fitness: Redeem offers high-intensity interval training, strength training, core, prenatal, dance, and more targeted towards keeping women fit. In light of recent events, Redeem's online workout platform will be free for the next 30 days. Visit redeemfit.com/sign-up and use coupon code REDEEM1.
- Daily Burn: On March 23rd, Daily Burn will be upgrading its current members to premium access for 60 days for free. If you're new to the app, they are offering a 60-day free trial with premium access as well. Daily Burn will be curating a different workout each day from their extensive library in place of new episodes of DB365.
- Planet Fitness: Known as being the "judgement free zone" of the fitness space, Planet Fitness will be hosting "Home Work-Ins" – a series of free fitness classes for everyone – that will be streamed live on Planet Fitness’ Facebook page daily at 7 p.m. EST. Classes will be led by Planet Fitness certified trainers, as well as special guests like “The Biggest Loser” coach and fitness trainer Erica Lugo, among others. For anyone who can’t participate live, each workout will also be available to view on both the Planet Fitness Facebook page and YouTube channel after the broadcast is over.
- YMCA: A new free online community program, YMCA 360, offers on-demand programs and digital coaching. The program includes some of the Y’s most popular group exercise classes like boot camp, barre, yoga, and low impact programs for seniors.
- 24 Hour Fitness: Everyone can access the 24 Hour Fitness app on-demand workouts and premium content for free during this time, which includes Les Mills classes and audio coaching. They are also extending their memberships for the amount of time that their gyms are closed.
- Gold's Gym: Try one of the over 600 audio and video workouts on the Gold's Gym AMP app, which they are offering for free through the end of May. Get started at goldsamp.com/promo, and enter promo code FIT60.
- Crunch Fitness: If you are a Crunch member, you'll be able to enjoy free access to the Crunch Live platform regardless of your membership tier. This platform offers over 100 workouts that include dancing, yoga, and kickboxing.
- Life Time: You can participate in new classes added daily on demand from Lifetime as a way for members (and non-members) to stream cardio, strength, and yoga classes absolutely free. And all memberships that afford access to the club will receive a prorated dues credit for the period of time the club is closed.
- Blink Fitness: If you're an early riser and prefer those morning workouts, Blink Fitness is now live-streaming workout videos at 8AM EST on weekdays called Get Up and Blink! Blink is also setting up Facebook workout challenges that can be done with household items including a deck of cards.
You Might Also Like