When we look back on lockdown due to the coronavirus pandemic, a number of things will come to mind. Namely: sweatpants, baking (a lot of baking), and virtual quizzes. We've been quizzing way more than we ever have before. Forget The Governess, we're genuinely eyeing up a career change as one of the experts on The Chase. Bradley Walsh? Give us a call.
If, like us, you've spent every evening competing with your mates over Zoom, and have to host one in the near future, here are some question suggestions in the Entertainment sphere that might give you some inspiration. Celebrities? Movies? Music? We got it covered.
And while it might feel like all you've been doing is quizzing, we're also aware that when you're unable to see family and friends as frequently as you'd like (or in groups larger than six...), sometimes it's the only way to stay in contact. So why not have a little catch up and improve your celeb knowledge while you're at it?
BEST ENTERTAINMENT QUIZ QUESTIONS
- What year did Geri Halliwell leave the Spice Girls?
- How many times was Leonardo DiCaprio nominated for an Academy Award before he eventually won one?
- For one point each, can you name all of Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's children
- Who won the first ever series of X Factor, and for a bonus point, what year was it?
- What is Lady Gaga's real name?
- What film did Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt famously meet on the set of?
- Who won the Brit Award for Best Female Solo Artist in 2020?
- What year did 'Fill Me In' by Craig David, 'Spinning Around' by Kylie Minogue and 'The Real Slim Shady' by Eminem reach number one?
- How many years have Chrissy Teigen and John Legend been married, as of April 2020?
- Can you name any of Netflix's top 10 most watched TV shows and films of 2019 (one point for each)
- To the nearest 1million, how many YouTube subscribers does Jeffree Star have, as of April 2020?
- For one point, put the following Harry Potter books in chronological order: The Order Of Phoenix, The Deathly Hallows, The Goblet Of Fire, The Half-Blood Prince, The Chamber Of Secrets, The Prisoner Of Azkaban
- What was Reese Witherspoon's character in Friends called?
- What book franchise is Anastasia Steele from?
- Who won the first series of RuPaul's Drag Race UK?
- What is the pub on Coronation Street called?
- What is the capital of Westeros in Game of Thrones?
- For one point each, name the five current dragons on Dragons' Den
- Who plays Tommy Shelby in Peaky Blinders?
- Complete the Katy Perry lyric: 'I used to bite my tongue and hold my breath...'
- For two points, who won the first series of Love Island, and what year was it?
- What film did Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds meet on the set of?
- How many GRAMMYs did Adele win in 2017 for album 25?
- Who was named the youngest self-made billionaire in 2019, only for Forbes to later take back the claims?
- Who is Miley Cyrus's famous godmother?
- Which actor features in Stormzy's 'Vossi Bop' music video?
- What did Grimes and Elon Musk name their child, born in May 2020?
- As of May 2020, how many series of Keeping Up With The Kardashians have there been?
- Who played Billy in the 2000 film Billy Elliott?
- What is the name of Billie Eilish's debut album?
- Which singer's birth name is Amethyst Amelia Kelly?
- Who replaced Sandi Toksvig as the presenter of Great British Bake Off?
- What was the first animated Disney film?
BEST ENTERTAINMENT QUIZ ANSWERS
- Four times. First, for Best Supporting Actor in What's Eating Gilbert Grape in 1994, then for Best Actor in 1995's The Aviator. He won a nomination for Best Actor in 2005 for Blood Diamond, and in 2014 for The Wolf Of Wall Street. He finally won Best Actor for The Revenant in 2016.
- North West, Saint West, Chicago West and Psalm West.
- Steve Brookstein in 2004
- Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta
- Mr And Mrs Smith
- 6 years, following their September 2013 wedding
- The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann, 6 Underground, Murder Mystery, The Witcher, The Irishman, After Life, Stranger Things 3, Our Planet, Sex Education, Conversations with a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes: Limited Series
- The correct order: The Philosopher's Stone, The Chamber Of Secrets, The Prisoner Of Azkaban, The Goblet Of Fire, The Order Of Phoenix, The Half-Blood Prince, The Deathly Hallows
- Jill Green
- Fifty Shades Of Grey
- The Vivienne
- The Rovers Return Inn
- King's Landing
- Sara Davies, Deborah Meaden, Peter Jones, Tej Lalvani and Touker Suleyman
- Cillian Murphy
- '...Scared to rock the boat and make a mess'
- Jess Hayes and Max Morley in 2015
- The Green Lantern in 2010
- Five, for Best Album, Best Record, Best Song, Best Pop Vocal Album and Best Pop Solo Performance
- Kylie Jenner
- Dolly Parton
- Idris Elba
- X Æ A-12
- Jamie Bell
- When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?
- Iggy Azalea
- Matt Lucas
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, first released in 1937 and on general release in 1938.s
Happy quizzing! If you're looking for some more questions to make up your next Zoom quiz, how about these easy trivia questions? Or how about this hard general knowledge? Or some true or false questions? You're welcome!
Like this article? Sign up to our newsletter to get more articles like this delivered straight to your inbox.
You Might Also Like