Somehow the months have flown by and Thanksgiving 2020 will soon be here. It’s time to planning your meal and cooking schedule, sit down around the table with family and friends, and sound the feasting horn, as my dad would say. As with most family holidays, it's also time to roll out your best Thanksgiving puns and jokes (again, as my dad would say).
Puns can help lighten the mood if political discussion gets heated, or they can make a great addition to a holiday card. Also, if you are not the dad of your family then they will almost certainly make your dad proud. Whatever your motivation for dropping a few puns on Thanksgiving, it’s important to note that some of these are corny (not the food, we’re not starting the puns yet) enough that they might get you sent away from the table. So, you’ve been warned. Here are 21 clucking brilliant Thanksgiving puns.
- I'm going to gobble that up!
- That's plucking delicious.
- I'm stuffed!
- Talk turkey to me.
- Don't use that fowl language with me!
- OK, it's time to cut myself off — cold turkey.
- I yam what I yam.
- Because you know I'm all about that baste.
- You butter believe it.
- I want 50 shades of gravy.
- I'm on a (dinner) roll.
- Eat, drink, and cranberry!
- What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter? Pumpkin pi!
- Stop, drop, and pass the rolls!
- Feast mode: activated.
Puns to Show You Care
- Pie love you.
- You're the apple of my pie.
- The turkey looks delicious! You killed it!
- Hey, I just met you, and this is gravy. But here’s my stuffing, so carve me maybe.
- You're the belle of the (Butter)ball.
- I love you, from your bread to your potatoes.
Want to make your holidays shine? You’re in luck! Subscribe to Woman's Day today and get 73% off your first 12 issues. And while you’re at it, sign up for our FREE newsletter for even more of the Woman's Day content you want.
You Might Also Like