We’ll always sing the praises of kale, cauliflower and Brussels sprouts, but it’s time to show spinach some love, too. The humble green can make any dish a little more nutritious and a lot tastier, whether it’s a smoothie, pasta or salad. Here are 42 spinach recipes that are as easy as they are delicious.
1. Grain-Free Mushroom, Spinach and Leek Pasta
2. Bacon-Wrapped Black Cod with Spinach and Capers
Name a better combination than bacon and spinach—we’ll wait. The crispy meat lends a smoky touch to the greens, which keep everything light and nutritious.
3. Mini Spinach-Ricotta Calzones
4. Ina Garten’s Baked Spinach and Zucchini
5. Slow-Cooker Stuffed Shells
Your nonna might scoff, but we think making this classic Italian-American pasta dish in a slow cooker is the best thing since sliced bread.
6. Spinach Artichoke Squares
We’ll admit it: We love a retro recipe. But we’re also all about a modern makeover, which is where these cheesy, flaky squares come in.
7. Coconut Creamed Spinach
If you’re feeling a little virtuous but still want something decadent, this dairy-free side is for you. (The secret ingredient? Coconut milk.)
8. Pasta Florentine with Grilled Chicken
We’ve cracked the code on how to improve this classic: grilled chicken. It adds just a hint of charred je ne sais quoi to the creamy, saucy noodles.
9. Green Shakshuka
You’re familiar with the popular Israeli dish, right? Our variation swaps spinach in for the usual tomatoes to delicious effect (if we do say so ourselves).
10. Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Chicken
Meet our version of chicken Parmigiana, which requires absolutely zero frying or dredging—definitive proof that baked can be better.
11. Goat Cheese Pasta with Spinach and Artichokes
Inspired by one of the most beloved party dips of all time, this 25-minute dinner is creamy, decadent and tangy.
12. Lemon-Roasted Potatoes, Chicken and Spinach with Tzatziki
Get your meal prep on with this well-rounded lunch that all your coworkers (or roommates) will be jealous of. Think a simple spinach-olive salad paired with lemon chicken, sweet potatoes and homemade tzatziki.
13. Butternut Squash Lasagna
This fall stunner has Thanksgiving written all over it. Think tender butternut squash and spinach layered with nutmeg-sage ricotta and mozzarella.
14. Broccoli Soup with Spinach, Cilantro and Croutons
Homemade soup in 35 minutes? Believe it, babe. Puréeing it in the blender makes for a luxuriously creamy mouthfeel.
15. Green Smoothie with Avocado and Apple
16. Vegetable Wellington with Mushrooms and Spinach
Craving beef Wellington but want to skip the night-long food coma? Try this meaty vegetarian alternative that calls for leeks, spinach, mushrooms, celery and tons of fresh herbs.
17. Lemon and Spinach Orzotto
Any recipe featuring fresh garlic, butter and Parmesan cheese is one we want in our belly, stat. Throw a generous glug of white wine in the mix and it's *chef's kiss*.
18. Julia Turshen’s Sheet-Pan Stuffing with Sausage and Spinach
19. Grilled Flatbread Pizza with Artichoke, Ricotta and Lemon
20. Balsamic Brown Butter Tortellini with Spinach and Hazelnuts
Aka the easiest way to take store-bought pasta up a notch. Don't skip the hazelnuts—they seriously amp up the toasty, nutty notes of the brown butter sauce.
21. Deep-Dish Spinach and Prosciutto Quiche with Toasted Sesame Crust
For those who mean business when it comes to brunch. This beauty boasts not one, not two, but three different cheeses: Havarti, sharp cheddar and Gruyère.
22. Sheet-Pan Persian Lemon Chicken
23. Prosciutto and Fig Salad Board
The fancy wooden board does more than just look pretty. It also makes all the salad toppings easily accessible, unlike a giant bowl that all the crunchy bits would sink in.
24. Spinach and Three-Cheese Stuffed Shells
This single-skillet star is the definition of comfort food. And it's a breeze to make, too—think of stuffed shells like a shortcut to homemade ravioli. BTW, the secret to the sauce's sweet-yet-punchy flavor is all thanks to roasted red peppers and spicy Italian sausage.
25. Portobello Mushrooms Stuffed with Barley Risotto
Risotto doesn't need to contain a million calories (not that we don't love when it does). This wholesome take only uses EVOO, vegetable broth and modest amounts of butter, white wine and Parm to reach Arborio heaven. Feel free to use kale instead of spinach if that's what you have on hand.
26. Green Bowl with Chicken, Citrus and Herbs
Isn't it the best when a single meal takes care of your veggie count for the whole day? This stunner boasts asparagus, spinach, avocado, broccoli slaw and a generous glug of green goddess dressing.
27. Mixed Greens Lasagna
This better-for-you spin on a dinnertime classic calls for a whopping eight cups of mixed greens (kale! arugula! spinach!), as well as part-skim ricotta and mozz.
28. Green Machine Smoothie Bowl Recipe
Every morning is a good one with this 15-minute breakfast on the table. It's made with maca powder, an energy booster made from Peruvian maca root. Green tea lovers, feel free to go wild with the matcha powder, too.
29. Creamy Sweet Corn Pappardelle
30. Soft Polenta and Mushroom Bowls
Ever had polenta that wasn't drowning in a pool of butter and cheese? Didn't think so. Here, it's topped with crispy mushrooms, thin-sliced spinach, diced tomatoes and a dollop of basil pesto instead.
31. Greens Mac and Cheese
Life is about balance. That's why this cozy two-cheese mac is loaded with baby spinach and broccolini. Good thinking, Jamie Oliver.
32. Joanna Gaines’s Spring Vegetable Risotto
33. Spinach and Mushroom Egg White Frittata
The key to fluffing up a mini frittata is cooking one side on the stovetop, then broiling the other side in the oven until it's puffy and cooked through.
34. Creamy Tortellini, Sausage and Spinach Soup
35. Coconut Green Curry
For nights when you’re craving something filling but still healthy, try this 30-minute Japanese-inspired dish. (Don’t forget the rice for serving.)
36. Greek Spinach and Feta Pie
If you’ve never tried spanakopita (literally “spinach pie”), you’re in for a treat. It’s buttery, cheesy and all-around irresistible. Good luck having just one slice.
37. Mexican Sweet Potato Hash with Black Beans and Spinach
38. Olive Oil-Baked Chickpeas and Eggs with Spinach and Sumac
39. Garlic, Mushroom and Spinach Pizza
40. Roasted Sweet Potato, Pear and Pomegranate Spinach Salad
41. Spicy Shrimp Caesar Spinach Salad
In just 20 minutes, you could have a satisfying, healthy lunch. Or, you could spend $20 at the salad bar. Your call.
42. Asparagus Frittata with Crème Fraîche
A frittata is a carb-free blank slate for letting its fillings shine. Slice it up like a pie and you’re ready for brunch.