16-year-old dies in toilet fire after prank goes horribly wrong

·1-min read

A 16-year-old boy perished in a fire at a public toilet in Shah Alam after a prank by his friends went south.

Director of the Selangor Fire and Rescue Department Norazam Khamis stated that they got a call at 2:35 pm before dispatching a fire unit to the scene.

When they arrived, they found that the fire had been put out but discovered the charred remains of Muhamad Damin Mikhail Kansol, 16.

“We then removed the victim’s body… the body was then handed over to police for further action,” he said in a statement last night.

Norazam said the victim was sleeping on a sofa in front of the toilet door while two of his friends were playing a mobile game in the toilet.

One of his friends then lit a fire under the sofa as a prank but the fire got bigger and smoke filled the toilet, forcing them to run outside.

“The victim woke up and in a semi-conscious state he ran into the toilet,” he added.